we're looking for a dynamic individual to join our SEO department.
The candidate will work as part of a large team of account managers, developers, designers, and copywriters.
The agency is full of ultra-talented people, who all buy into the challenge of delivering exceptional results in every activity we do - be it natural and paid search strategy, analytics, content production, design, or development.
We're driven by enthusiasm, caffeine and, in large, measure by the desire to enjoy what we do. That means that while we work smart, we try not to work too hard. By 6pm the office is usually deserted.
This position will be based in our Durbanville office, so would be particularly well suited to someone who lives in Cape Town’s northern suburbs and currently endures the commute into town each morning.
If you don’t hear from us within two weeks of submitting your application, please consider it to have been unsuccessful.
- Keyword research and strategy
- Optimise copy and landing pages for search engine marketing
- Drive organic traffic and revenue for clients
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking, and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
- Ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented
- Research and analyse competitors
- Analytics setup
- Monthly reporting of previous work with experience using data visualisation tools a plus
- Performance benchmarking
- Work with content and creative teams to drive SEO in content creation
- Regular blogging for our company blog
- Strong understanding of thematic content grouping
Are you all the things on this checklist?
- Able to think analytically, laterally, and out of whatever the box is
- Able to not only spot problems but also provide solutions to them
- Passionate about all things digital
- Constantly looking to learn
- Able to manage and prioritise tasks
- Motivated, ambitious, and involved
- Capable of working alone and in a team
- Able to communicate and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Focused and confident
- Willing to ask questions, test things out, learn, and teach
- More than three years' previous SEO or website analytics experience
- Good understanding of website performance metrics
- Client facing
- Knowledge of how search engines rank pages
- Experience with CMS systems such as WordPress, Magento, or Joomla
- Basic HTML/web development knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Blogging experience a plus
- Certified Google Analytics a plus
Please send your CV and a motivational letter telling us why you’re the right candidate for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org using the reference Junior-Mid Level SEO Consultant in the subject line.