Social Media Strategist
Rogerwilco, one of South Africa's leading marketing agencies, is looking for a social media strategist.
The candidate will need to have at least four years’ experience of running social media campaigns and a proven track record / case studies showing how they created engagement with followers and ultimately turned fans into advocates and customers.
As a company, we're obsessive about insights and results. This focus saw our team attain over 50 vocational certifications during 2017 and has helped us win more awards for performance marketing than any other South African agency in recent years.
While the role’s primary focus will be strategic, we will expect you to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with our creative, content and performance marketing teams, and, from time to time, get stuck into daily social media management activities.
We’ll also expect you to be our tech radar for all things social, updating us on the latest developments / feature releases and new channels.
This position will be based in our Durbanville office in Cape Town’s northern suburbs.
- Lead social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Conceptualisation of social strategies (ie mapping platforms, goals, resourcing and budget to deliver on clients’ objectives)
- Inputs (in conjunction with the creative and content teams) on content calendars / relevant content topics
- Oversight of creation, posting and management of content (images, video and written)
- Definition and management of boosting / advertising budgets
- Oversight of community management with social audiences
- Daily analysis / tweaking of campaigns to optimise outcomes
- Community and / or influencer outreach activity
- Oversight of report preparation with focus on key metrics
- Monitoring trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy.
- At least four years of social media experience in an agency environment with a demonstrable experience of defining and implementing strategies that deliver results
- A track record of working on campaigns that show how creative thinking has helped solve business challenges
- An ability to understand business problems and find relevant and appropriate solutions
- Inspirational – able to lead by example and coach and mentor others to succeed
- Insight - we expect you to be a thought leader and a change agent. Ideally, you'll be an active participant in international industry forums
- Communication skills in technical and business environments
- A passion for people management and the leadership
- An affinity with process - would be useful if you’re familiar with Chase
- A solid understanding of SEO, content marketing and UX
Please email a CV and a covering letter with a motivation and short case study of the social campaign you’re most proud of to email@example.com.
If you do not hear from us within 14 days of submission, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.