The latest version of the popular content management system (CMS), Drupal, powers millions of websites worldwide. This new version, Drupal 10, released in December 2022, brings new features and advancements.
Buckle Up The Upgrades Are Coming
Drupal 10 is like the Swiss Army knife of content management systems - it's versatile, powerful, and can handle just about any job you throw its way. The superhero of CMSs, with the power to save your web project from chaos and disarray. If you're looking for a web platform that's reliable, flexible, and capable of just about anything, Drupal 10 is here. The new features include:
- Improved multilingual support: Drupal 10 has improved multilingual support, making it easier to create and manage multilingual websites.
- Modern technology stack: Drupal 10 uses Symfony 6, a newer and more flexible technology that allows us to keep up with changing web development trends.
- Streamlined site navigation: Drupal 10 has a new administration theme, improved menus, and better search functionality, making it easier to use and navigate websites.
- Robust security features: Drupal 10 has enhanced security features, including better password hashing and stricter password policies to keep our website secure.
- Developers can now get information instantly and install it in the user interface.
Beginning Of A New Era
With the release of Drupal 10, the end-of-life for Drupal 9 and older is coming to a close. Drupal 9 will no longer be supported from November 2023. This means that Drupal 9 will no longer receive security updates, and users will need to migrate to Drupal 10 to ensure their website remains secure.
Drupal 10 represents a significant advancement over Drupal 9 in functionality and maintainability. With its modernised technology stack, enhanced content authoring experience, improved accessibility features, streamlined maintenance and updates, and deprecation of older APIs and technologies.
Technology is constantly evolving, and as a result, software applications and systems require updates to remain functional and secure. While Drupal 9 has served us well, we recognise the importance of staying up-to-date with the latest technology to ensure optimal performance and security.
From easy and seamless content management to advanced security and performance, Drupal 10 is the ultimate system to get your website up and running. To take your site to the next level, have a look at Rogerwilco’s Drupal offerings, and let’s talk 10.
Need Assistance with Digital Strategy?
Rogerwilco’s team of strategists, business analysts and data scientists is here to help.